RICK WAID SEER JOURNEY INTO YOUR MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S

Go down

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Empty READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S

Post  Admin Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:31 pm

This is my new thing. I will only be reading paranormal picture's from now on. If you would like me to read one then I will get back asap. Do not lable anything I will pick up on the energy. Thanks Rick

Last edited by Admin on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://harr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Empty PARANORMAL PIC 1

Post  Admin Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:53 pm

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  562171_257175534382893_1494254791_n1

This is a paranormal pic I read. I will be putting my read and what really happen at this place.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Empty Re: READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S

Post  Admin Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Ok first I saw ooze on the floor then a person slip on it. This was a female. Then I saw what look like family that passed and the little boy looks wicked. Feeling a prangster creepy attitude. I am seeing like a tuba big instrument.
I was shown an ax kinda creepy. I see marbles rolling on the floor. I see a female looks like she is laying on a sofa and she jumps up scared to death. Older lady 60's. Looks like an issue with the staff or someone who is dressed like the bell boy. Looks like a feeling he going rape or hurt some body. I see an elevator would not close because of a body. Looks like movie I saw. I see an issue with chandelers. Loud foot steps.

What actually or supposed to have happen.
The site where the hotel sits was the locationofthe first school in Phoenix. The four room adobe schoolwas inaugurated in 1874. It was replaced with a larger structure in 1879. The school was enlarged several times but was condemned in 1916, with construction of a luxury hotel in mind. In addition, many area children died during the 1918 swine flu epidemic that attacked the United States.

In 1919, the land was bought by the Babbitt family (relatives of Bruce Babbitt, former Secretary of the Interior and Arizona Governor, who intended to build a hotel. The San Carlos Hotel project was finally begun by Charles Harris and Dwight D. Heard who purchased the property from the Babbitts. Construction began in 1927. The hotel was designed by Nationally known architects in the Italian Renaissance style. The hotel was state of the art with air conditioning (the first in Phoenix), elevators, circulating chilled water in the rooms and steam heat. The hotel grand opening was on March 19, 1928. The hotel was built at a cost of nearly $850,000.

The hotel competed with the posh, nearby Westward Ho hotel, completed the following year, which was located on what once was Phoenix's first radio transmitter and whose list of clientele includesuch celebrities as Jack Dempsey and John F. Kennedy. The San Carlos had its share of celebrities such as Mae West, Clark Gable, Carole Lombard, Marilyn Monroe and Gene Autry.

On May 7, 1928, The Arizona Republic reported the death of Leone Jensen. The article's headline read "Pretty blonde jumps from (the) San Carlos (hotel) early today". Based on what she wrote on her death note, it could be assumed that the 22 year old woman was physically abused by her boyfriend, a bellboy at the Westward Ho. Speculations have been made as to whether Jensen was pregnant and/or her boyfriendwas having an affair with another hotel worker. Because of these theories, the way she died is also debated. While most evidence pointed to suicide, many have said that she could have been pushed off by her boyfriendorher boyfriend's other girlfriend.

Another ghost frequently mentioned by hotel employees is that of a little girl, possibly around six to nine years old, who is rumored to visit hotel rooms at night and sit crying. Ghost believers think she was probably one of the area children affected either by the school's closing or the flu epidemic.

On December 9, 2004, yet another death happened at this hotel, when an unidentified man jumped to his death from the hotel's roof.

The Hotel San Carlos in Phoenix, a member of Historic Hotels of America, a program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, underwent a $1,000,000 remodel in 2003. Work continues on this historic boutiquehotel. The hotel faces stiff competition from such five-star hotels as The Phoenician, Arizona Biltmore Hotel the Ritz Carlton, many Hilton Hotels and the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. However, as downtown Phoenix continues its dramatic growth the Hotel San Carlos remains in the heart of downtown Phoenix, 6 blocks from Chase Field home of the Arizona Diamondbacks, 5 blocks from U.S. Airways Arena, home of the Phoenix Suns, and less than 3 blocks from the Dodge Theatre, Symphony Hall Phoenix, Orpheum Theatre, the Phoenix Convention Center and the Herberger Performing Arts Center.

The hotel can be briefly seen in the openingshot of Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 film Psycho, as the camerapans the then-skyline of downtown Phoenix.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Empty PARANORMAL PIC 2

Post  Admin Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:04 pm

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Eeab68_eef9a7dda721cc50b360e86b8b31abb3jpg_srz_663_424_85_22_050_120_01

Hi Tammy, I will read that pic youasked me to. When I was on the road I heard a dead man. Now I will read the pic. The man looks like he has a cowboy hat on. Now the energy I will try to pick up.Ok I get a name Samuel.I heard Burning Forks sounds like a place I lived in Kentucky. I see a person shooting up in the air with a gun just going nuts. Having a good time. I am seeing old papers being look...ed at like maybe they were found and people look at them now.I am seeing a pack of cigarettes and they are called Lucky Strike. What I see sometimes could be used as something else in other word Lucky could be a name of a person. I heard Carlton Boots like a name of a boot or a business. I feel there is something about Hitler which is weird like a dicussion about him or something to do with that time frame. Maybe some signs of his was painted over. I am seeing a lady next to him a younger woman maybe 18 but she wears a dress looks poke a dotted and she has long braides. I heard Memphis style by her. She had a southern acccent. I am being shown a picture frame for some reason like a gold frame with a design around the edge. I heard Louise Dunnagan. Sometimes these names jump in for a reason But I do not know why. I see a person having a drink and another person shoots the glass out of there hand with a gun. Very crazy. I am seeing woman dancing like a show girl but a little back in time maybe. I was told Lawrence of Olivia. This was a movie star back in the days. I am being shown many flames like this place had a fire or someone connected to it was in a fire but many flames. I heard Sandburg Special like either a name of a place or an item on a menu. Just a bit to tired tonight. Let me know if anything makes sense. Thanks Rick

Story
Flagstaff was probably the heart of the old west and John W. Weatherford had a different vision for the old western town than most of thought about back in late 1800’s. Instead of a rough territory with vigilantes ruling the street, Mr. Weatherford envisioned a beautiful elegant hotel and even a theatre. On New Year’s Day in 1900, John Weatherford opened the Weatherford Hotel, which was the most luxurious hotel in the west. By 1911, he had completed the construction of the Majestic Opera House. His dream with the hotel died in 1915 when a fire took down the opera house. However, he did rebuild the opera, which today is named Orpheum.

The Weatherford Hotel throughout its past had such guests as William Randolph Hearst (newspaper tycoon), former President Theodore Roosevelt, Zane Grey (Old West author, and Wyatt Earp (old west lawman).

Throughout the history of the Weatherford Hotel it was home to many different establishments such as the first telephone exchange company in Flagstaff, a variety of restaurants, a theater, a radio station, a billiard hall, and today it is once again serving as a hotel for weary travelers.

No matter what establishment has been here, there are a few residents that never seem to leave. Where the Zane Grey Ballroom is today, you may encounter a ghostly woman floating across the room or darting from side to side. In addition, in the ballroom you can hear whispers and voices at the empty bar and even watch the light spay back and forth over the pool table.

As the story goes, a bride and groom were killed in Room 54 of the hotel, which now serves as a storage room. Many have seen the couple in the room prior to it being turned into storage room and even going into the room after its renovation.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:40 pm

[img][/img]READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  558508_458347914197887_573302780_n

Ok I am hearing something about an elevator shaft. I heard Winston Churchill. I wonder why the names are coming thru? I see a man falling possible to his death. Another gangster reference The guy that say (hears at you kid). Or a movie start connection. Very freaky I see something running down the wall like blood.I am seeing a man could be from the civil war or something like that mustache and beard like the guy that lost little big horn. Strange how I can not remember names. I am getting a Swedish connet I was told. I am seeing a place and it is weird because it is on a hill and I see it moving either from a earth quake or an unstable building at on etime maybe. Is that a cig you have in your hand? I do not know but I am seeing very nice pearls. I see a feamle and she is crawling like she might be hurt real bad for help.I see a pendelum going back and forth could be a clock same motion. I am hearing 3 o clock for some reason. I heard the name Templeton. Interesting name. I am getting something about luggage either having an issue or a piece that was found after many years. I will try later.

History
Good morning rick, ok here we go again ! the grand hotel was originally the Verde United hospital it was built in the early 20s by the phelps -dodge mining co . it was a state of the art hospital for its time. It served all of northern az at the time ! it was the first building to have an otis elevator. the story goes as is . they had a handy man/elevator tech that was the only man trained to work on this elevator , his name was claude harvey ! it is said he overheard the bigwigs of phelps-dodge talking about corrupt things ! well there was a sevice call for the elevator late one night, well the next morn the hospital staff found claudes head pinned under the elevator car DEAD ! Phelps dodge would not let the coroner do an autopsy so it is said that it was murder , back then p-d ruled pretty much all of jerome. Alot of immigrants flocked to jerome on the whim of becoming rich, could be the accents and people you are getting. this hospital saw alot of birth, death, and disease ! on all 4 floors are shutes in the walls that were used to dispose of diseased organs , body parts and limbs of miners that were involved in mine explosions. there was alot of blood and death there ! Jerome sits on the side of mingus mountain above the verde valley, the grand hotel sits above jerome on cleopatra hill, it has been sliding down the hill for years now it is said to slide an average of an inch a year (the whole town that is )the very first jail slid 350 feet and still sits where it came to rest, this is the result of many years of blasting in the mines ! Thh hospital was the only one in az that had a pysch ward , a young woman that was in the ward got out of her restraints and jumped to her death from the 3rd floor. And no that was not a cig in my hand, it was my digital recorder and i had pearl earrings on that night !!!!!!! the grand has many antiques in it , i saw a pendelum 3 times in different locations.

clock that is . the grand has had reports of people missing things out of their luggage only to have it reappear the next morn. are you sure you are not studying this first, cause you a like a fucking hammer coming down hard on the nail !!! (pardon my french ) i just love it !!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Empty PARANORMAL PIC 4

Post  Admin Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:04 am

[img]READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  424579_459436197422392_399248371_n1[/img]

Ok the first thing that comes to me is a female that is fun loving very happy running around like I believe is poles. I am seeing number 9 or room 9 something to do with 9. I am seeing like a raid or many men running into it. Something to do wit lots of men going in at once. I was shown a firehydrant. I am seeing an old train staion. Still getting info on things that connect with a fire dept. I see the big net to catch people from a high place. I am seeing lights coming on.I am being directed to the roof. I am shown a wedding and a horse raring up. I might be picking up an accident in front of the building. Maybe to tired and drained today. I see a party and I see a person enjoying them self and all of a sudden they get shot or something where they die quick I see the life leave them. something to do with dieing while eating. I was shown a hangmans noose. Just a bit.

Real Story
Shortly after the Hassayampa Inn opened on November 20, 1927, they say a newlywed couple checked into the hotel to spend their honeymoon. The husband stepped out to buy ‘a pack of cigarettes’ and never returned to his bride. ‘Faith’ as they call her, waited restlessly for three days. Depressed and all alone, the deserted woman hung her self in ill-fated bell tower.

Now guests and employees see her wandering in the halls wearing an off-white wedding gown. They report feeling her presence in Room 426—which has been named ‘Faith’s Room’. Lights turn on and off –objects seem to move or fly by—and sometimes her apparition has appeared sobbing near the doorway to the balcony.

I had my own encounter with Faith a few years ago when I was up in Prescott on business. The hotel staff knew I was a paranormal investigator and was eager to see what would happen when I stayed in ‘Faith’s Room’. I noted that every time I put my key in the door (they since have gone keyless) a spark of static electricity would shock me. EMF readings maintained a steady 2.9 in the room throughout the evening. At midnight, I turned off the lights and TV. I crawled into bed and settled in for a good night’s sleep.

Suddenly, about 1:00am I woke from a sound sleep to the TV blaring. All the lights in the room were turned back on. I hopped out of bed, turned everything back off and laid back under the covers. Then I felt someone—presumably Faith—sit down on left side of the bed. I slid my foot under the covers and pushed her off the bed. She sat back down in the same spot. Again, I pushed her off with my foot.

I felt a supernatural battle about to unfold. To my right, I could hear ‘someone’ in the bathroom filling a glass with water. Then, there was a presence hovering over me with the glass. I covered my face expecting to be drenched—yet peeking thru the cracks of my fingers—as I didn’t want to miss what was about to happen. I saw the glass tip, but nothing poured out! As soon as it tipped over, it faded away and disappeared. There was no sign water or the glass. Faith had her revenge and all was quiet in the room once more.

Other staff members speak of a tall man dressed in a long brown coat they call the ‘Night Watchman’. He has been seen sitting in the hotel lounge reading a newspaper. A staff member spoke to him, but he did not respond. When she turned to speak to him again, he was gone. The lonely looking man has also been seen in the lobby, and witnesses say they have watched him walk through the lounge to shake and secure the entrance doors.

So, next time you are headed up to Prescott, reserve a room at the Hassayampa Inn. Check into ‘Faith’s Room’—if you’re lucky, you might have a ghostly encounter of your own. And don’t worry, the night watchman will make sure you are locked in safely at night. Plus this was used as a lodge for men. This is what I why I was seeing so many men going their.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Empty SON TEST BUILDING

Post  Admin Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi everyone, I am doing a test building for my son to prove I have something new coming. So let me see what I can pick up. First of all I believe there was a shooting. I believe it was in the western time frame. I am seeing a man drugged by horse. I am being shown bars like a jail. I am seeing a family in fear. I am getting something about a dentist. I see a person fall over to there death on a desk. Like maybe a heart attack. Feel like a well was around and an accident happen. I keep falling and falling. I keep hearing dogs rowl at me. Keep hearing sheriff. I believe I am seeing a fire but it is not growing in front of me. Definetly some gun fights. I see a man fall off the top porch. Now it lloks like a barber shop. Must have changed a few times throughout its time. I am in a scene possibly a robbery.I just saw some cars pull up and they look like from the 40's or 30's reminds me of the gangsters are in town.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Empty FIRST TEST FOR MY WIFE

Post  Admin Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:56 pm

[url=READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Chambers_mansion_thumb1][
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Ok I am shown horses and I see a man get his head smashed in and I heard Blue bells. I see a lady dressed in a long gown or a dress and it drags to the floor. I feel the owner and a worker had an argument. I feel money was involved. I see a kids rocking chair going back and forth which means a child spirit is around. I feel that something might of went wrong having a baby. Childbirth went wrong. I get anxiety and chocking in my throat. I saw a typewriter meaning someone was a writer at one time. I just had a glimpse of a person in a wheelchair. I am looking at a young darker haired female maybe late teens early twenties like an obsession over her. I am seeing something with a vehicle having issues working right or something to do with the garage having issues opening on its own. A connection to the garage. I feel their was hidden rooms in this place. I was shown gunfire and windows being blown out. Strange but as I look at the top left window I see a man hanging there. I was just shown an electrical fire. It looks like a maid was cleaning and found a dead person. All for now thanks.

The story,
This Classic Revival building is San Francisco's only intact residence designed by Arthur Page Brown. Brown was injured in a horse-drawn buggy near his Burlingame home when the horse bolted, and he died soon afterwards at the age of thirty-six. Frank Van Trees completed the unfinished design of the Queen House.

In the well known often toured Pacific Heights neighborhood of San Francisco is the supposedly haunted Chambers Mansion. Originally built in 1887 and named after its first owner, Richard Chambers, who was a silver mine tycoon.

Legend goes that Chambers lived here with his two nieces who hated each other. When Chambers died in 1901, the nieces inherited the mansion.

One sister reportedly bought the house next door and moved in while the other sister, Claudia, stayed. Claudia reportedly loved pigs but met her fate one day when she was nearly cut in half from what her family called a "farm implementation accident." Though many believe her ghost haunts the property others state their is something more sinister then her that has marked the property as being actually 100% haunted.

Chambers Mansion
2220 Sacramento Street Between Laguna and Buchanan
Pacific Heights originally Built 1887
This house many will state was built by and for Richard Craig Chambers, but many believe that this fact is not a whole truth. Chambers they say made his fortune in the silver mines of Utah before moving to San Francisco in 1887. But in what many researchers often tell he made every move with the help of spirits and ghosts of family members that had proceeded him in death.

Although many mistakenly have out right dishonestly stated that Chambers was a member of the Senate e and known as a"Utah State Senator," Utah did not become a state until 1897, ten years after the Chambers Mansion was built. He was actually in California when the Senate seat was occupied.

The chambers hauntings seem to many to be more of exaggerated facts twisted with truths. Chambers lived in the haunted house with two nieces. And from what many local peoples stories tell they held séances to call up their dead mother and father, siblings and strangers ghosts to question. It has also been mentioned that they the nieces dabbled in witchcraft, voodoo and spiritism and many unmentionable dark arts. Some believe Chambers was the root of the hauntings by unscrupulous deeds, but some old urban tales state that he brought his own ghost and demons with him when he arrived.

When Chambers died in 1901, the two nieces inherited the property and were immediately haunted by their uncles ghosts. this many believe was because as his cold corpse lied still in it's coffin before he could be buried they actually summoned his spirit to come forth which for ever bound him to the home. And others tell that because from the other side he saw what they were involved with and did not like it he continued to haunt the nieces night and day.

The urban legend says that one sister built a house just right next door and moved into it, although the neighboring Queen and Slack Houses were built prior to 1901. The other sister remained in the Chambers Mansion and met a grisly and mysterious end. She was found cut almost in half. Her relatives maintained that she had suffered a "farm implementation accident," but others suspected that she was murdered by an insane family member who had escaped from confinement in the attic. Though none of this is in public record the fact that she was cut in half is often the noted tragedy that ended her life. A local Ghost expert Jim Fassbinder, who conducts haunted home tours in San Francisco, "claims that an insane member of the Chambers family, who was kept in the attic, chased Claudia downstairs into the Josephine room and killed her." The mansion was eventually converted to the Mansion Hotel in 1977, where celebs such as Barbra Streisand, Robert DeNiro and Robin Williams stayed. Many guests have reported strange occurrences while staying there.

A lot of Brown's residential work in San Francisco was lost in the 1906 fire.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Empty TEST 2 FOR MY WIFE

Post  Admin Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:13 pm

[url=READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Myrtles1][img]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Ok the first thing I am seeing if many woman and it looks like they are in fear. I see a black lady watching people cook or serve food. Looks like a chow line would look like. They have large kettles and they slop the food on the plates. I see a lot of beating toward the women. I see one man who is like the boss I would call him but he abuses the woman sexually and pschically. Short almost bald looking man. I am seeing a branden iron. That does not sound good. I believe one woman tried to run away and she was caught and strangled. I heard moonshine. I believe there were many parties here. I heard General and I believe this could of been a real General visited here at one time. I see people being hung in the trees. Sometimes more than one. There is something going on when babies were born I believe some were sent away. I feel the misses had an affair with one of the workers. She always had a fan in her hand and I feel this place had a lot of warm weather. I believe a black man from this area became a very well known man. I see a spirit of a heavy set black woman. This woman helped raise the children around there. I heard Mable. All for now.

General Bradford (builder of The Myrtles) had a fourteen-year-old daughter, who married Judge Clarke Woodruff. During his days as master of The Myrtles, Woodruff took one of the plantation slaves named "Chloe" as a mistress. He moved her up to the house to make their arrangement more convenient, under the guise of having her care for the Woodruff children. Chloe took advantage of this situation, however. To gain power, she began to eavesdrop on the coversations of Judge Woodruff and his guests. Although he warned her against this practice many times, she was caught on one occasion when the Judge had several influential friends in the gentlemen’s parlor. He had to punish her to save face, so he had her left ear cut off, and she was banned from the main house and returned to more harsh work elsewhere on the plantation. From that point on, she wore a handkerchief wrapped around her head to hide the defect.
Chloe reportedly longed for the comfortable work caring for the kids, and soon hatched a plan to return her to the former position. Woodruff’s nine-year-old daughter was having a birthday party, and Chloe volunteered to make the cake... but she laced the cake with a potion brewed from Oleander leaves. Her plan was that when the children got sick, she would treat them with an herbal cure and appear to have miraculusly cured them. She must have misjudged the dosage, though, because two of the children and Mrs. Woodruff died from eating the poisoned cake.

The Judge had been away, so he returned home to find that he was a widower. As the slaves were questioned, those who knew about Chloe’s dark plan turned on her. When Judge Woodruff learned what had happened, Chloe was hung from one of the plantation trees. When she was dead, her body was cut down, her pockets and clothes stuffed with rocks, and her body dropped into the river.

Not long after that, stories of Chloe’s presence in the house began to circulate among the staff and family. Today, the housekeepers lock the house up at night, only to return the next morning to find chairs in the parlor rearranged, and other furniture moved out of place. During tours, as ladies pass through the doorway to the gentleman’s parlor where Chloe was caught eavesdropping, an earring is sometimes snatched by an unseen hand. The staff regularly finds earrings in the oddest places, and write it off to the fact that Chloe loves earrings, but only needs to take one, since she only has one ear.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:33 pm

.[url=READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Stock-haunted-house21][img] I instantly saw a person in a black robe and he or she looked very evil. I hear moaning and chain sounds. I see a woman and it looks like she went crazy. I heard genocide and Nixon. And I see children getting whipped or beaten. I believe a person got their throat slit something to do with a knife and I feel people were buried on the property. I heard a man say my daughter is sick and I see a young girl coughing. I see people in hoods devil worshipers. Sacrifices were made. I do not want to go any further.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:25 am

The House That the Devil Built

A story with more twists, turns and pure demonic depth than the Amityville Horror has hidden for decades, lying away in what was the peaceful Manchester neighborhood on Pittsburgh’s North Side. Even from its earliest beginnings there was something “not right” about the Congolier Mansion that would soon manifest itself – in blood.

During the late 1860’s Charles Wright Congelier made a fortune for himself in Texas during the reconstruction period following the American Civil War. In the Old South men such as Congolier were referred to as “carpetbaggers” – someone who made a small fortune by preying on the broken economy in the former Confederacy. Congolier, a man turned profiteer by greed, amassed a considerable amount of wealth and left Texas by way of a river steam boat, taking with him his Mexican wife, Lyda, and Mexican servant girl, Essie. Their riverboat docked in Pittsburgh to take on coal for the next leg of the trip, but Congolier found that he liked the area and decided to stay.

Soon, Congolier found a lot for the construction of his home and, before long, building commenced on his brick and mortar mansion which was considered to be one of the finest houses in the area. He chose one of the most beautiful areas in the city – a place that offered a breathtaking overlook of where the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers meet to form the Ohio. It didn’t take for Congolier to become a respected member of the local business community and his new home was the showcase for many social gatherings. However, slightly more than two years after the magnificent home was completed – in 1871 – the parties would come to an end as shroud of darkness was beginning to take the mansion into its dark caress.

During mid-winter of 1871, after the cold and snow had comfortably settled upon the region, Charles found that living in a spacious mansion could afford him some time here and there to engage in some “extracurricular activity” outside of his marriage arrangement. It took several months for Lyda to figure things out, but, when three people reside in the same house for a lengthy period it would only have been a matter of time anyway – sooner or later – the affair would have been discovered, and besides, secrets do not like to be kept.

One afternoon, sometime before the New Year Lyda rang the servant’s bell, but Essie did not respond. After a second and, eventually, a third ring Lyda went to find Essie. After looking in most of the areas in the house where she may have been cleaning Lyda finally decided to check Essie’s quarters. As Lyda made her way down the hallway she heard lustful sounds emanating from behind the maid’s door. She was painfully aware of what was happening – in that moment she knew what she had to do. She went downstairs and calmly took the first two convenient weapons she could find in the kitchen – a butcher knife and a meat cleaver.

Lyda’s calm demeanor soon gave way to anger, then, as she was ascending the steps to the upstairs, anger turned to a screaming, uncontrolled rage. Charles and Essie knew that their affair had been discovered in the midst of the act. Both scrambled to put on what ever disheveled clothing they could manage to quickly scoop up off of the floor. Charles, still half disrobed, continued to dress as he hurriedly tried to exit Essie’s room and think of an excuse, but, as he crossed the threshold he was met soundly with a cleaver to the forehead. As he crumpled to the floor Lyda began stabbing him with the butcher knife – 30 times in all – before she went to work on the screaming Essie.

Several days after “the incident” took place a family friend stopped by the house. He knocked on the door several times before trying the latch. To his surprise it was unlocked, so, in the interest of the well being of the family he peered inside. As he leaned into the foyer he heard a creaking sound in the parlor. As he went further into the darkened house to investigate he was relieved to find the sound he heard was only Lyda sitting in her favorite rocking chair in front of one of the large bay windows in the parlor. As he approached he explained that he knocked and that when no one responded he merely wanted to make sure everything was alright. If it had not been for the creaking of the rocking chair the silence would have been deafening. He approached, only slightly closer, and again asked Lyda if she was ok, if he could do anything for her. He was close enough to hear that Lyda was singing under her breath – singing a lullaby – and holding a blanket swathed bundle, but, the Congolier’s had no children.

Lyda held the bundle close, rocking it gently as she sang. It seemed as if the family friend was not even in the room, no one else was in the house and nothing else was going on in the world. He moved a bit closer and again asked if everything was alright, but obviously enough, by the glassy look in her eyes there was something that was very, very wrong. He asked if he could see the child, and, as he slowly unwrapped the pink blanket a chill of morbid horror rushed through his body as Essie’s head tumbled to the floor. The man fled from the house and alerted authorities who promptly went to the Congolier residence and arrested Lyda upon finding that she and had murdered both her husband and their maid in a most brutal manner. Eventually Lyda was found to be “deranged” and was placed in the care of Dixmont State Hospital, a mental health care facility that was located in present day Kilbuck Township just outside of Pittsburgh, for the rest of her life.

For more than two decades after the gruesome double murder the house at 1129 Ridge Avenue remained vacant. In 1892 its rotting opulence was remodeled to accommodate railway workers who labored in the nearby train yards. It seemed that the men who lived in the house were very transient, moving in and then moving right back out in a very short period of time. After a while the housing supervisor became curious and began to ask questions. Most of the men, not wanting to be thought of as superstitious or cowards, didn’t say much as to why their stay at the house was so short, but, a few did talk. The tales that they recounted were filled with incidents of a spectral woman sobbing or screaming on the stairway, cold drafts moving about, sounds of a rocking chair creaking in the parlor, shadowy figures moving about the rooms and hallways, voices mumbling incoherently and loud “thuds” as if someone had fallen down upstairs. By 1895 the house was abandon once again.

Five years later, around 1900, the property was purchased by Dr. Adolph C. Brunrichter to be used as his private residence. Outside of his practice the doctor kept to himself and was rarely seen by his neighbors. Things were not to remain quiet for long. On August 12, 1901 the family who lived in the house beside the mansion heard – and felt – an explosion that rocked the neighborhood. All of the windows were blown out of the mansion, the sidewalks were cracked and thick smoke was pouring out of several of the windows. Something in the old Congolier mansion had exploded – perhaps a gas line.
Out of curiosity neighbors wanted to investigate but erring on the side of caution they kept their distance out of fear of another explosion.

By the time the police and fire department had arrived a small crowd had gathered outside of the home. Many assumed that Dr. Brunrichter was still inside and a contingent of fire fighters braved their way in to find him. Brunrichter was nowhere to be found, but what the fire fighters did find sent them scattering back into the street. Several of the upstairs bedrooms had been turned into experimental labs where the good doctor left several of his female victim’s naked corpses rotting on the beds. For each of the bodies found, each was missing its head. The heads were later found in another room that was set up as a makeshift laboratory where the ol’ doc was experimenting with the severed heads in an attempt to keep them alive through the use of bizarre electrical equipment after decapitation. During one of his experiments some ozone had built up in one of the laboratories and a fault in the electrical equipment created the arc that caused the blast. In all, the corpses of five women, and their heads, were removed from the house – two from upstairs “labs” and three from under the dirt floor in the basement.

Now, no one was willing to even go near the house – it had an “evil” reputation, and it would again sit vacant for a period of years before being purchased by the Equitable Gas Company. The Congolier house, along with several others in the area, were remodeled, this time for immigrant workers of primarily Italian descent who were working as replacement laborers for the higher wage men that Equitable had laid off as a cost cutting measure. These men, like the railroad workers before them, experienced many strange events in the house, but, to allay their fears the executives at Equitable told the men that the American workers that they were replacing were playing pranks on them to scare them off. This seemed to work…for a little while.

On one particular evening 14 of the men were seated around the dining room table eating pasta and drinking some homemade wine. They were talking, laughing and making crude humor as working men do at the end of a long day. One of the men got up, gathered the dishes to clear the table and made his way to the kitchen. Several minutes went by and the man’s brother, wondering where he had gotten off to, went to find him. Looking around in the kitchen it seemed that nothing was amiss, but the basement door was open. Upon descending the rickety wooden stairs to the basement the light mood of the evening turned tragic and the man found his brother and another of the workers dead – his brother hanging from a rafter and the other man impaled by a board that was driven through his chest and sticking out of his back. The official police report stated that the first man had tripped on the stairs and fallen onto the board and the second man had accidentally become entangled in some electrical wiring that was not properly fastened to the joists overhead. The “official” report, however, was not enough to keep the men in the house – especially with all of the other unexplainable events that had already taken place.

From about 1915 the house again sat vacant waiting for its next victim, but that time would never come. Although the house would be unable to claim another victim, in late 1920 scientist and inventor Thomas Edison came to study the house and, fueled by his experiences at the house, Edison was now determined to build a device with which he could communicate with the dead. Unfortunately, Edison died before the invention could be completed. Years after Edison’s visit, in September of 1927, a drunk was arrested in New York and somewhere in the midst of his alcoholic daze the disheveled lunatic made claims of once being a most eminent doctor - Dr. Adolph Brunrichter. He began by explaining that he was a physician who worked diligently to prolong life, but because of the nature of his experiments he could only make progress by ending the lives of his test subjects. He also told police that many years earlier he purchased a large house in Pittsburgh which he used to entice young women who anticipated an evening of romance. Instead of romance though, they were beheaded and then used in various experiments in an attempt to keep the severed heads alive. The man rambled on to the police at length about the gruesome, blood filled orgies, demonic possession, torture and murder that had occurred in the house – as well as the previously unknown location of several graves of other women who were not discovered in the basement of the house. The police, however, were not able to establish a positive ID on the man and thusly were forced to relegate his “confession” to the ramblings of a deranged but harmless drunk with delusions of grandeur.

Less than 2 months later, on Monday, November 14, 1927, a 5,000,000 cubic foot natural gas containment tank and several smaller containment tanks, owned by the Equitable Gas Company, erupted into a ball of fire in an explosion that was felt throughout Allegheny County. The force of the blast damaged many of the brick and steel buildings nearby, shattered windows throughout the downtown area and caused massive damage to the Equitable Gas operations, refinement and storage facility. Estimates of this disaster were tallied at 28 killed, six hundred injured, nearly one hundred missing and one structure destroyed. The irony of the situation is that the only building that was damaged beyond repair, the only one that was completely destroyed, sat blocks away at 1129 Ridge Avenue – the Congolier Mansion. With its reign of horror over and only a smoldering crater left as a reminder, no other structure has ever been built on that site – a site that I can see from the Route 65 / I-279 interchange every day when I drive by while on my way to work. Every day I wonder…if the land could talk what other macabre stories would it tell? But, perhaps, like everyone else, I am better off not knowing. Some things are better left alone.

But Wait…There’s More!

As many of you who are familiar with my work know, I often say that truth is stranger than fiction. That is not the case here. The story you just read is almost entirely a complete fabrication made of up several decades worth of urban legends. Everyone loves a good ghost story and this tale is a prime example. This story is a perfect example of why research prior to a paranormal investigation is so crucial. Had I simply listened to the legends surrounding the Congolier Mansion I would have been sorely disappointed should I have attempted to perform an investigation at the vacant site. Like most urban legends this story is a clever blending of fact and fiction. The names, dates and locations seem to provide a concrete foundation for the story and tend to add an air of authenticity but, when I researched these events, they simply didn’t check out.

Problems with this story exist from the outset. The house was built in the 1880’s not the 1860’s as the story traditionally claims, so from the beginning we have a two decade differential in the basic timeline. Census records, land and real estate transfers and so forth do not even exist for anyone named Charles Wright Congolier, Lyda Congolier or the maid, Essie. They never existed; they were pure fabrications of someone’s creative mind. Additionally, there are no police records indicating that there was ever anything so much as a domestic dispute much less a double murder that occurred at 1129 Ridge Avenue. Records from the Dixmont State Hospital, who throughout its operation required rigorous documentation of all patients, also provided negative evidence against the Congolier Mansion story as no one by the name of Congolier was ever admitted to the hospital.

As for Dr. Adolph Brunrichter, well, he never existed either. This is reinforced by a check of both the Pittsburgh Police crime files and the national crime database archive files which yielded no information on anyone of that name or even close to that name. No explosions ever took place at the house, there were no bodies, secret graves or laboratories that ever existed at the house either and with that, the stories of murder and torture to this point in the timeline are completely discredited.

As for Edison’s 1920 visit, well, we all know that he had a lab in Menlo Park, New Jersey and that he was interested in communication with the dead but there is no evidence that he ever visited Pittsburgh in the timeframe suggested by the story and, even if he had, he certainly did not visit the Congolier Mansion during that period. If he had, he would not have found an abandon stone mansion possessed of evil, what he would have found was the home of Marie Congolier and her family. Surely, the descendents of the Congolier family would have some recollection of the visit, even if it was merely passed on by word of mouth from one generation to the next, but according to the family no such visit ever took place. Also, the “Congolier Mansion” only became such after the Congolier family moved in – during the1920s, not in the 1860’s as the story leads you to believe.

The only death even remotely associated with events at the house was on the morning of November 14, 1927 when the Equitable Gas Company containment tank exploded. The percussion from he blast shattered windows throughout the downtown Pittsburgh area and the Congolier home was no exception. In an unfortunate turn of events Mrs. Marie Congolier was hit by a shard of glass from a nearby window and, although she was rushed to the hospital she died en route from a laceration to her neck that severed her carotid artery. The house survived the blast and, with only minor damage, was repaired. It was not pulled down into the 9th circle of Hell like the story insinuates, it stood on that site for years to come only being demolished when the area was being redeveloped for Heinz Field and the new Route 65 / I-279 interchange.

The moral of the story: as paranormal investigators we must research our cases thoroughly, if we do not we cease to be investigators and become mere storytellers, but than again, everyone loves a good ghost story!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Empty Face in the closet

Post  Admin Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:36 pm

[url=READING PARANORMAL PICTURE'S  Woman2

This pic was taken in my master bathroom a couple of months ago...looks like Michael Jackson but I believe it to be a young female...I would love to hear what u read? We have a young girls voice saying yes mam to a question being asked if she likes to stay in my room. The leader of our group thinks this female is attracted to my purple bedroom and bathroom and all of my girlie things including my perfume...sometimes when I go into my room I can smell the fragrance of the perfume as though it has just been sprayed.

Question for you. I see the female and above I see a dog beige and white.Ok I feel she is a Russian female have you had any contact with Russian person or in a graveyard. This should be easy to figure out.
The key is Russian abused female. She was very pretty almost a model.
To me she looks exactly but I am only human. Now when I give the name please look up a picture and info especially the perfume info and color. Anna Loginova is who is haunting you.

Response, think I somehow knew her name was Anna....I will go google this....this is so exciting....TY....I do not feel threatned by her presence and actually like her hanging around...Is that crazy ? that is cool...she does not bother me...sometimes she knocks onmy nightstand table at night and wakes me up and sometimes she wakes me up to get ready for work if I over sleep...she just calls my name and says wake up....when she does I look at my clock and realize I have overslept about 10 or 15 minutes...I am amazed !!! I am still googling...lol
We have the same eyes..I don't know about her eye color but our eyes look alike.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down